You can ask ChatGPT to create text, but that is just the tip of the iceberg.
I like to call ChatGPT an Swiss Army knife.
Day-to-day, my time is a mix of managing the Fresh van Root agency, working for clients, conducting research, and creating original content for our blog and newsletter. ChatGPT serves as a sparring partner in these tasks, aiding me in every aspect of my work.
After most interactions with ChatGPT, I take away at least one insightful nugget I can incorporate into my projects. This list, drawn from my ChatGPT conversation history, is intended to inspire you in your work.
- Provided talking points about an article and generated a paragraph text out of it
- Paste newsletter subscriber data in ChatGPT and ask for an analysis
- Uploaded all our sprint documentation (we work in 2-week sprints at Fresh van Root) and asked for a summary of all text comments
- Created images using DALL-E inside ChatGPT to brief our designer (we usually describe in text the graphic we need and sketch something, now we use DALL-E)
- Ask to summarize articles (you can paste the text or use a custom GPT called Accesslink – or any of the others)
- Provided a PDF report and planned a social media campaign about the content
- Created a podcast ad script based on a social media post
- Created YouTube scripts based on a blog post
- Research on content projects – from persona to content ideas
- Created a landing page draft for a newsletter homepage by providing the text content
- Created a clickable prototype of landing pages using the Netlify CustomGPT
- Created a clickable prototype of a web app called “LiterarySwipes” that allows you to browse and bookmark book titles
- Generated interview questions for a job applicant interview
- Used ChatGPT as a business coach: Review my business year with me. Provided all financial data
- Calculated client profitability by providing specifics like client revenue, timesheets, etc.
- Created a CustomGPT based on all my LinkedIn posts to use ChatGPT to create posts more sound like me (results were underwhelming, but I will tinker with the settings/instructions)
- I have taken pictures of artwork and asked about the underlying practice of creating that art (to understand how complex it is)
- I Found a sleeping pill in my bag and asked ChatGPT if that pill would need a prescription in Austria.
- I hired a writer to write a blog post, and he delivered the text as a listicle. I used ChatGPT to rework it for readability section by section.
- Generated content for a workshop on AI – I asked ChatGPT about the different technologies that drive AI innovation.
- I created a landing page copy for the Fresh van Root agency homepage. Took the final result to brief a copywriter
- Brainstorming: I used ChatGPT to discuss if “Jake/Jill of all Trades” has a more positive or negative connotation – before rebranding our newsletter to “Creators of All Trades Newsletter.”
- I often paste headlines (blog and newsletter) and ask ChatGPT for the fitting emojis
- Posted social media post texts and asked for feedback, improved flow, etc.
- Created drafts of content plans: provided post titles and used ChatGPT to map it out over two months
- Asked to make a headline sound more like a Buzzfeed headline for LinkedIn ads
- Created custom illustrations for presentations
- I created fun Lego sets using DALL-E
Hopefully, this list inspires you. Have fun exploring the possibilities with ChatGPT!