Elementor Crash Course
Welcome & Prerequisites
Setting Up Elementor
Creating and Applying A Global Design System for Your Website
Creating Our Homepage in Elementor
Making our Homepage responsive
Taking a Break
Adding a Blog to our site
Create a global Newsletter widget
Creating individual pages
Course Summary & Feedback
A quick tour of Elementor – The Basics
As you know already, Elementor is loaded outside of WordPress Dashboard and all its settings sit on the left-hand menu on your screen.
Lets browse through the different sections of Elementor editor:
- Site Settings – In the top-left corner you can also access Settings. Here you can control the general Style of your page, jump back to the WordPress dashboard, switch to dark mode and so on.
- Elements: Are showing all the widgets you can place on your page. It’s divided into sections (Basic, Pro, and others)
- Global: Widgets that you saved for re-use in Elementor. We will focus on that a bit more later on when we create additional pages with Elementor in our project
At the bottom, there is another toolbar. Here you can find:
- Page settings (i.e. for switching the layout for a specific page)
- Navigator (especially useful if your page gets lengthy)
- History: Undo specific edit actions or jump to a previously saved page
- Responsive Mode: Switch to viewing and editing your page from Desktop, Tablet, or Mobile
You will spend a lot of time browsing and clicking on the left-hand menu. It is both for applying general site and page settings, but later on for editing specific content elements and applying the design settings too.
Fresh van Root is a boutique digital marketing agency. Our blog & newsletter cater to content creators, marketers, and entrepreneurs with a hands-on mentality. Meet the founder